What Should You Ask From Your Perspective Immigration Lawyer?


Before anything let me make it clear that I am nowhere close to being an immigration lawyer nor would I want to be one. 

So you might want to know why I am writing this article.

It is because I have learned my lesson of choosing the wrong immigration attorney for years while living in Dubai and now when I sit down and reflect then I would go like.

I should have asked this question, or I could have asked the lawyer this before hiring him. I should have hired someone who had these capabilities. There are so many should in my experience that I thought of writing the article. 

Even though everyone can utilize the information or prospective questions but people living in Dubai would more be able to benefit because I have dealt with Immigration lawyers in Dubai more than any other countries. 

Your immigration case is the essential thing in your life, and there is a lot at stake just because of the case. If handled well it can be easy peasy but if you mistakenly hire someone who is not pro in immigration, then it can be your worst nightmare and would be heavy on your pocket as well.  Here are few questions you must ask your attorney before even shortlisting them for the final round. 

How long have you been practicing the immigration law?

Immigration law is not a piece of cake, but it is complex and changing continuously. So having experience in dealing with immigration cases is essential. 
Just like cheese gets better with age similarly more experience makes a better attorney. 



Nothing I repeat NOTHING can replace experience. For example, a person who has just completed the law school would not know the practicality of the courtrooms. But someone who has been in courtrooms for over 10 years would be aware of dos and don’ts of the courtroom.  

Exceptions are always there, but you do not want to be an exceptional example of the immigration gaffe. 

Take my advice and go with the experienced attorney.

Have you dealt with any similar case than mine?

The second question should direct you to the specifics. Immigration department in Dubai has a robust system, and a single tiny mistake can ruin the whole case.

Cases vary in nature, profile and other aspects and Immigration lawyers in Dubai have been dealing with all types of cases over the years. But you do not want to experiment with something new therefore choose someone who has dealt with the case similar to your one.  

Having experience of similar cases will provide an edge to both the attorney and you because he already would know how the case will progress and also would be able to provide the better insight about your case beforehand.  

I was missing out this question in my selection because someone would recommend me the famous lawyer and I would end up choosing that person. 

My bad! 

But you can learn from my mistakes. Specific case experience makes a huge difference. 

How many cases are you currently handling?

This is indeed most important question because you do not want to be another case file on the desk of your selected attorney.  

Many attorneys try to be over efficient and take more cases they can even handle. I was of the view that if I am paying a certain amount of money to someone, he or she will prioritize my case. I was highly mistaken!

Attorneys put your cases in a queue, and there can be multiple pending cases until your turn comes. Use your judgment to hire the Immigration lawyers in Dubai who will give the case as much as time and attention as it deserves.

Can you connect me with your ex-clients?

Again this question will help you better judge the attorney. The clients who have dealt with him can give you better insight into his working style, case reporting, communication method and success rate. 

Do not go for references to friends and family because these people are not going to be candid about him. Also if he has an online page for his firm, look for reviews especially the ones which are either neutral or negative.

Final Words-Immigration is a tough choice, and your lawyer might seem a savior but make use of your judgment and gut instinct to select the one who can handle your care like a professional.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biggest Mistakes to Avoid During Divorce!

Little-Known but Interesting Facts about Being Lawyers

Family Lawyer is member of your household